Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yesteray's dinner: beer-braised lamb shanks


Today I decided to make beer-braised lamb shanks for dinner, and I don't regret! It was really good! I've made lamb shanks before, but then I marinated them with a garlic marinade, browned them in a pan and cooked them in the oven for 2,5 hours on 125 C. This time I beer-braised them.

Beer-braised lamb shanks

For two people you need:
flour
butter
2 lamb shanks
2 carrots
1 tennis ball sized piece of celery roost
15 very small onions or 2 big cut into smaller pieces
About 2 dl lamb stock (I used "Jacobs beste")
5 dl Newcastle brown ale (or other brand of brown ale)
Time and ground black pepper
(1 ts honey) 
Broccoli 
  
First I turned the lamb shanks in some flour before I browned them in on high heat in a buttered pan. Pute the shanks in a big casserole. Then brown the carrots and celery root  until they got a nice brown color, add to the casserole. Brown the rinsed onions and add to the casserole. Then I added a package of lamb stock, about 2 dl and 5 dl of Newcastle brown ale. Season with black pepper and time. Let simmer on low heat for about 2,5 hours. Remove the lamb shanks and cover them with some tin foil to keep them warm. Remove the vegetable pieces and cut them into smaller pieces if you want to. Now let the remaining stock boil until it is reduced to half. Add a ts of honey if you want. Add the vegetables. Serve with steamed broccoli. Enjoy!


Earlier in the day I made these peanutcookies from Kristine Weber, yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment