Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Falafel breakfast

Yesterday my good friend Betty from Argentina sent me a recipe for falafels. This morning I thought, why not make some falafels for breakfast? The falafels are nutritious and filling, try them! In this recipe you use dried chickpeas so remember to let them sit in water for at least 8-10 hours. Si'nce I figured out I'd make these late last night, I didn't have time to go to the store, so the falafels I made was with out parsley and garlic, but still really tasty!




Falafels
300 grams dried chickpeas
2 tbs chickpea flour
1 big onion
Two cloves of garlic
Parlse
Salt and black pepper (I also added some cumin)

Put the chickpeas in water and leave them there over night or for 8-10 hours. Cut the onion intro smaller pieces and add all the ingredients to a blender or use a stick blender and blend it until smooth. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes before you make small balls and fry them in the pan or bake them in the oven until golden brown. Delicious!

 






1 comment:

  1. Falafels! I love them :D I used to almost live on these things, and also have a recipe up for them on my blog. Definitely try and make them with garlic and parsley too next time though :D I also like to add a lot of spices to the mix, a great recipe to experiment with :D x

    ReplyDelete