Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lemonade ice tea



One drink from the US I really enjoy is lemonade and sweet tea, real southern sweet tea. And as I was craving some this morning I tried to make a healtier version as the regular one contains tons of sugar. I substituted the sugar with the natural sweetener stevia, I also find the dark stevia drops to give the drink a bit of a syrup taste which makes it even better. I'll try to find an even better tea for it, but the mix I used today worked pretty good. Fresh lemons give you the best tasting ice tea for sure. If you don't have stevia or prefer to use an other sweetener this will probably work as well, just make sure you add any solid sweetener in the warm tea. Add a bit more water if you want a less concentrated flavour.

So here it goes:

Tea
1 liter boiling water
3 bags of tea
32 drops of stevia sweetener (or to your taste)

Brew the tea and let it cool in the fridge. 

Lemonade
2 dl lemon juice, preferably fresh (takes about 4 lemons)
1 liter cold water
32 drops of stevia sweetener (or to your taste)

When chilled, mix the two half and half and serve with ice cubes, enjoy! (I added a bit extra sweetener in the glass when I served it)


SweetLeaf Stevia Concentrate concentrate from iHerb.com is one of my favorite sweeteners and it is natural. I think it has less of a bitter after taste than a lot of other stevia brands. Use the code RIR958 for an extra $10 on your first purchase :)

1 comment:

  1. Bra blogg, den isteen ser god ut! Må prøves en dag :)

    ReplyDelete