Thursday, May 30, 2013

Easy, healthy snack? Yes, please!

Tomorrow is my final exam this semester and I just can't wait for summer to really begin! The weather here has been great all week, warm and sunny, I want to get some color on my pure white skin, not that I get a deep tan, I just get less white and look a little bit healthier. 

So, tomorrow at my exam I know I'm going to want some snacks in addition to my regular food, for some reason I feel that I concentrate better if I'm snacking, which is not good when it comes to adding up calories especially if I eat unhealthy or very fatty snacks. Nuts would be an option, because of the healthy fats, but I always eat to much without even thinking about it. So, I decided to try to make some oat and coconut protein balls with cacao. They turned out really good and is the perfect snack for my exam tomorrow. 




24 oat and coconut protein balls with cacao  
20 grams oats
20 grams shredded coconut with less fat
20 grams almond flour, reduced fat
20 grams bakepro (or other protein, vanilla, chocolate?)
20 grams cacao powder
30 grams erythritol or other sweetener
130 grams light vanilla quark, quark, or cottage cheese
 Some salt, it will make them even more delicious

Mix it all together and mix it really well, it gets stickier as you mix it. If it doesn't mix proparly add some water and mix even more. Roll small balls, I got 24.



I also have a knitting project to show you, a soft, light baby blanket. So easy to make, you start with three three stitches and add one more at the end of each row and when you think it is big enough you just decrease by one stich at the end of each row until you have three stitches left. I used 200 grams of Drops <3 you #3 in dusty pink (04) it is 50 % wool and 50 % alpacca and started decreasing when the second ball of yarn was close to finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment